Friday, February 26, 2010

Flapjack Friday - Dinner Edition

I decided that this week I would make Flapjacks for dinner so that Cap'N Crunch could take part in our fun tradition.

Then I found this AMAZING pancake recipe...Thank you
Pioneer Woman! I was a little nervous about it though, because in the past I have not had success with 'from scratch' pancakes. Oh, well, here goes.... Are you ready for Cinnamon Bun Pancakes?

First, I blended the dry ingredients - flour, white sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.


Next, I whipped the wet ingredients together: eggs, milk, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Yummy! Off to a good start...although I feel obligated to mention that these pancakes are not fat-free. hee hee

Combine flour with egg mixture. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly buttered medium/low heated girddle. Brown on both sides.

Oh, Yummy! But wait! The Pioneer Woman didn't stop there...so neither can I. She made a glaze to go over the pancakes.

Melt some butter in a bowl, add powdered sugar, a little maple syrup, and a splash of milk...mix it up until smooth. Warm it up, then pour over your pancakes and you're in heaven - well, at least your mouth is in heaven!

I've been playing with the font on this post for too long...I can't fix it....not starting over...maybe I'll change it tomorrow. Ugh. If you want the real recipe or you just want to see better photos (I am so not a food photographer) go here.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.