Monday, March 1, 2010

Yes!

Dear Cocoa Puff,

Yes! I will be your best friend. Tonight, we were cuddling in your bed when you asked me if I would be your best friend. Wow! What an honor. There is no one else I would rather have as my best friend! (other than your Daddy of course...he will always be my best number one best friend) You went on to tell me that you were going to wake me up in the morning and tell me, "Wake up Mommy! It's a beautiful day (that's what I tell you and Cheerio when you wake up)!" I am so lucky to have such a great best friend!

But let me warn you that I am your Mommy first. It's my job and I take it very seriously...only because I want you and your sister (and future siblings) to grow up to be responsible human beings. I want you to follow the Golden Rule...Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. I want you to be happy.

I only want what's best for you...and I realize that there will be times that you don't think I know what's best..and maybe I won't, but I have experience and love. I will try really hard not to be over-bearing or too protective ( I did say try...it may happen sometimes. I'm not perfect. And I won't expect you to be perfect either....but I will expect you to try your best.) I could go on and on, but I won't...I want to enjoy my new best friend status...you may change your mind tomorrow when I make you help me clean-up all the toys you take out or when I tell you it's quiet time or when you can't wear your bathing suit to bible study...I told you I am your Mommy first! hee hee

I just wanted to jot some of these things down that have been floating around in my head. I love you so much that sometimes I feel like "my heart is going to pop out of my chest and go into my nose." <----your words :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.