Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Will you marry me?

I can't believe I am still going on Mama M's blog hop. I thought surely I would drop out after a day or two...but this is fun! It's like fun assignment for school - and I love fun and I love school!

SO, do you know what today's "assignment" is? Do you, do you? Did you read the post title? I wasn't asking you to marry me...I already have a husband. It was a clue...today's topic is engagement stories.

Now, my engagement story is not all that romantic...but the end result is what matters the most. I obviously said 'YES!!'

Cap'N Crunch had been out of town for about a month...we were missing each other big time. Everyone kept saying "Distance makes the heart grow fonder." I think if one more person had said that to me I would have knocked them out. (Hee hee! Sorry, that would have never happened. I am so not a violent person. But it's what I felt like doing.)

Okay, okay, back to the story. So, Cap'N Crunch was gone, but he was about to come home for the weekend. I had a pretty good feeling that he was going to propose. I had my nails done and went shopping for a new outfit! I picked him up at the airport. And it was my birthday....21! This was way back when...before all the security stuff that the airports have now. I was able to go to the gate.

As I was waiting for him to get off the plane, scenarios of the proposal went through my head. I was sure that he was going to propose in the airport. I envisioned him on one knee as soon as he saw me, roses were strewn all over the floor. Then I pictured each passenger giving me a rose as they got off the plane and Cap'N Crunch getting off last and proposing...

Time to wake up from the fantasy....none of the above happened. Not even close. Well, I did get beautiful red roses...but not from each passenger on the plane. (I'm giggling as I re-read what I just typed. How would every passenger on the plane know what I looked like? Silly Jilly!) Oh, well a girl has to have her fantasies.

Cap'N Crunch got off the plane and hugged me, kissed me, and gave me roses. Then we headed to the car.

"Hmm? What is he waiting for? What if I'm wrong...and he's not going to propose!" I might have started to get a little upset...of course I didn't let it show.

We get to the car, he puts his bag in the trunk. But then I notice he's getting something out of his bag! Woo hoo!

It was a card...this boy is driving me crazy. A card? Ugh.

But inside the card....it's all ooey and gooey and lovey dovey! It's one of those tri-fold cards. So I read the front, open it, read the second page, then open it once more...he tells me how much he loves me and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me....and then....

"Will you marry me?"

Tears are rolling down my face at this point and I say yes. Then the ring comes out. I could not have picked a more perfect ring. What a great guy I am blessed to have.

Okay, so I take it back...that was romantic. Or maybe it was my story telling? Nope. It was the proposal. I have a great guy. It's been almost 11 years since he proposed....awe! Thank you for letting me share my story with you!


1 comment:

I love reading your comments.