Monday, January 4, 2010

Surprise, surprise!

I posted several weeks ago that my goal was to have my Christmas cards out on time this year(with a fabulous photo)...so I thought I would update you on how that worked out for me. Do you wanna guess first? Yes, I got them out on time...or No, I did not get them out on time?

Drum roll please...........and the answer is: "No, I did not get them out on time," says me, in a very small, ashamed voice. I'm not ashamed because they were late...I actually look forward to stragglers in my mailbox. Don't you think it's fun to get cards throughout January as well as December? I really have accepted the fact that I AM A PROCRASTINATOR! but, this year, I really wanted to have everything done and shipped out on time. Oh, well, I will get over it..."Maybe next year?!!" says the crazy delusional Fruit Loop.
__________________________________________________

December was a little bit of a blur to me this year. It seemed like there was so much to do and no one to do it....what? I should have been the one doing it all? Oh! Now it makes sense :) Every year, I have this riduculously long list of things I want to do before Christmas...you know, to make it special for the girls and my husband and I. This year was no different...really long list - maybe even longer because Cocoa Puff is getting older and understanding more. I accepted the fact it wasn't all going to get done early in the month, but it was still hard to let go. I always want everything to be perfect, but rarely do I live up to my standards.


So, this year, I did enjoy everything we did get to do....numerous trips to see Christmas lights (that I actually posted about), hot chocolate by the fire, cookies made for my favorite girls with my favorite 3 year old, hours spent reading fun Christmas books - some new, some old, and some classics! And I actually paid attention to the girls' reactions to everything we did. Sure we missed out on some of the fun things I wanted to do (going down to the River walk to see all of the lights and Christmas decorations the city put up, go to the "North Pole" to see Santa and all of the fun activities they had for the kiddos, etc), but I appreciated what we did more than I would have if we had done it all! Maybe next year we'll do the things we didn't get to do this year. Here are a few photos from the season! We hope you had a wonderful holiday season...Happy New Year!






1 comment:

  1. Fun! What great memories you made with your sweet family. :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.