Friday, January 29, 2010

Five Question Friday

It's Friday again! I'm so ready for the weekend! How about you? It was a particularly long week for me....I chipped a tooth on my way to bible study on Tuesday and cried because I thought I was going to need a crown (lots of money), went to the dentist on Wednesday and sighed a sigh of relief because I don't need a crown..just a super-dupper filling, dealt with a sick kiddo on Tuesday/Wednesday - Cocoa Puff had a small fever for about two hours and lots of diarrhea, had a surprise visit from Gigi and Papi on Thursday - and I will just say that the house was a wreck and I was horribly embarrassed. I got over the embarrassment and enjoyed their short, but nice visit. So, what's in store for today? Well, it's Mama M's five question Friday and I think I will take the girlies to the library. And right now, Cocoa Puff wants pancakes for breakfast...so I'm off to flip some flapjacks!

From January
My view from the dentist chair...do you see the deer?

1. Would you ever vacation alone?

Why? I mean really? What fun would a vacation be if I were alone? I would like a few hours on a vacation alone....that would be fun! I would go to the beach or park or some place peaceful and read a book...preferably in a hammock. Now that I would enjoy, but a whole vacation, alone? NO THANK YOU!

2. Do you go the speed limit?

I am not as much of a speed demon as I used to be....I was once pulled over (and ticketed) for going 88 in a 60 MPH zone. I was 17. I cried all the way home. Then I tried to hide it from my parents and take care of it myself. My advice to you: Tell the truth! It was not pretty when they found out....and they were dissappointed which was the worse part.

Now I have kiddos in the car with me...so I am more careful....I still occassionally go faster than the posted speed limit, but it's only to get by those (BLEEEEP) who go 20 MPH under the speed limit. There is such a thing as going too slow.

What's that? You think I have road rage? Nope, not me. Okay, maybe a little....but I wouldn't if people would just drive right!

You got more than you bargained for on this question, didn't you?!!!

3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?

Long story short....Ana, my bestie from high school, lured me in. She dangled blog "candy" in front of me until I was hooked! It started with funny stories from MckMama to sad stories from Bring the Rain, and Harper, Kelly's daughter (Kelly's Korner) to yummy recipes from Bakerella and The Pioneer Woman. Then Ana started her own blog, Ana's Antics, and I loved reading her blog - even though I saw her on a weekly basis. About six months later, I started my own blog...partially because I wanted to join in on Not Me! Monday (MckMama) and Show Us Your Life (Kelly's Korner). I have enjoyed blogging more than I thought I ever would....I hope our friends and family are enjoying it too!

4. Where do you shop for yourself?

Target, Old Navy...I don't shop for myself very often...and that's okay! I really enjoy shopping, but now is not a time in my life that I get to shop freely. One day we will have more money...but for now my job is loving on my girlies...give and take!

5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?




From black and whites


That's it...if you want to participate head over to Mama M's blog and join the party or just show her some love....that is what blogging is all about and what makes it so fun!

Have a happy weekend!



4 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I'm so with you on the vacation. I'd take a few hours or maybe a whole day on my own, but not much more. I'm so glad you didn't need a crown. Hooray! And thanks for mentioning me. I love that you have a blog now also..even though we talk and see each other all the time. I love reading it! And, awww, what a sweet picture from your wedding. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE DMB! I never even thought about Crash Into Me as being a song to dance to at a wedding but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blog surfing from MamaM.'s - she inspires me and makes me laugh! ;) anyhow.. I just had to stop on your site as I LOVE cereal - it was my ice cream at night - until my evil doctor told me no more sugar! rats! anyhow... I love that you call your family by cereal names... and Fruit Loops is MY FAVORITE cereal ! sniff!
    Swing on by Seizingmyday.com one day... ;)
    thats me... Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you never need a crown - expensive and painful! I had one last year and it was no fun. Give your girls an extra hug from me today!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.