Friday, November 20, 2009

Five Questions Friday Time!!!!

I did a Five Question Friday a few weeks ago. It was fun and easy, so I thought I'd do another one :) If you'd like to do one or just read Mama M's answers click here.

1. Are you a black Friday shopper?

I always want to go out and get the good deals, but I never do. I think the deal breaker for me is that no one I know goes, so I don't go because it's no fun to go alone....or at least that's how I think.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? (think: Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kids, Shrinky Dinks, etc)

What is a Shrinky Dink? I looked it up and I'm still not sure what they are...a braclet maybe? Whatever they are I didn't have them.

I had Cabbage Patch Kids....Cocoa Puff now plays with them. I had an Easy Bake Oven. But those weren't my favs.

My favorite thing growing up was a plain ol' tape recorder! I was a drama queen...I liked to sing into the recorder for hours. I would have conversations with my recorder. No laughing :) Well, okay, you can laugh, because I laugh about it too! I used to drive everyone nuts with that thing...what I wouldn't do to have some of the tapes from those days.

3. Favorite Christmas movie?

Family Man with Nicholas Cage. Captain Crunch and I watch it every year! We love reciting the lines from the movie to each other throughout the year at appropriate times. If you haven't seen it...rent it.

4. What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?

I would like my girlies to have a wonderful Christmas complete with the memories that will last a lifetime....baking cookies, pictures with Santa, driving around the neighborhood to see everyone's lights, going to fun holiday events and being with friends and family!

In a fantasy world where money was no object, I would like a digital SLR camera with a variety of lenses, photoshop so I could edit all of the photos, a television for our blueberry room, a laptop, Flip mino video camera, a vacation to see my girls, you know, if money were no object, but it is.

5. Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?

A little of both I guess....I used to like my tree to be pretty and stay with the same color scheme. But then we were blessed with kiddos. My cherished collection of snowglobes are set a little higher and can the munchkins can only have supervised visits with them. The tree is only decorated from the top to about halfway down where curious little fingers cannot reach.

I try to decorate everyroom in the house...at least a touch. Growing up my mom decorated the whole house and I always loved it. It made every room feel so special...so I try to give that to my sweeties!

SO - that's it! I had fun...hope you enjoyed finding out more about me and my dorky recorder habit from way back when. See you next time.

Fruit Loop

1 comment:

I love reading your comments.