I took longer than I thought to get situated as a Mommy of two...much longer in fact. It was hard. But with the help of Keith and great friends (some even far away in Washington who called a lot to make sure I was okay - thank you!), I would like to say that I am good. And Cocoa Puff and Cheerio are great...the best daughters this Mommy could ask for.
So, what is Cheerio up to now?
Cheerio - One year old (and a few weeks)
- You weigh 27 pounds!
- You're 30 1/4 inches tall - and growing taller everyday.
- You are wearing a size 4 diaper, but we have the 5's already to go...I just don't want to waste any 4's...too expensive :)
- The wardrobe in your closet ranges from 12 months to 2T....you have the cutest thighs ever, but they don't really fit into pants so much.
- Eating - tonight was your first dinner that you tried everything we ate! I made meatloaf (yum), mashed potatoes, and green beans. This is one of our favorite meals...and now, yours too! You loved the meatloaf and the green beans, but spit those mashed potatoes right out. Cocoa Puff didn't like them either until recently. In general you are a great eater, but you can be picky. You really like to feed yourself and get mad when you can't.
- You still prefer two naps a day, although you don't always get them. Night time is still about the same...you hold one or two press conferences in the middle of the night to make sure I still know that you're in there and that you're in charge. I try to remind myself that in 10 or 15 years I will wish I still had a monitor in your room to listen to your every move.
- Your little teeth are so cute! You have four on top and three on the bottom with another soon. You have handled teething much better than Cocoa Puff.
- Walking is becoming easier and easier for you....but I think you still prefer crawling.
- Peek-a-boo and chase are your favorite games! Oh, Daddy and I love to hear to giggle.
- You still like to tackle your sister and kiss and hug her. You also have a baby doll that you do this with...it's so cute.
- You have just recently started chattering all the time. And you look at us like we know exactly what you're saying.
I love you Cheerio!