Sunday, March 20, 2011

The day Cocoa Puff bribed her Mommy....

It's been so long since I've posted that I had trouble remembering the web address I needed to type in to get here....

Here's a fun story for you until I get my hienie in gear with some photos.


I took the girls to the grocery store today.

No big deal, right? Ha ha!

First let me say that no naps were had by either small person, we had just finished shopping at Lowe's and we were all hungry.

Cocoa Puff wanted everything under the grocery store roof: donuts, tortillas, cookies, cereal,

And the straw that broke the camel's back was a '5' candle for her upcoming birthday (which I would not have minded except that it was not the prettiest candle...so I told her I wanted to find a prettier one.) She all but threw herself on the floor. I remained very calm. Okay, well, fairly calm.

I started to walk to the next aisle which usually works. Instead a very nice woman thought she was crying because she was lost. She tried to take her hand and bring her up front...I thought that was a little funny. When I told the lady what was happening, she gave me an 'I've been there look' and said, "I have three of my own."

We get the rest of our stuff and start heading to the check out when I make my fatal mistake. I walked down the ice cream aisle. Cocoa Puff stops to pick the ice cream she wants. I tell her we are not getting ice cream and to come on. The tears start falling harder (because they have been falling ever since the candle incident). She refuses to walk. I suppose I could have just picked her up and carried her to the check out. But by this point I was in no mood to carry a 39 pound child.

We stare at each other for about 3 minutes. Then she opens the freezer door, picks out a tub of ice cream and tells me, "I will go with you if I can have this ice cream."

I know now that I should not have laughed, but I did. Did my child just try to bribe me?

I did not let her have the ice cream.

And that was the story of the time Cocoa Puff tried to bribe her Mommy....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.