Friday, February 4, 2011

Sew exciting!

Cheesy title - I know! But I am so (I resisted to urge to spell it the other way!) in love with sewing :-) I have always aspired to sew things for myself and my girls.

I have bins of fabric and patterns. And that's after getting rid of more than half of it!

A year ago, I started sewing a robe for Cocoa Puff. I could not find a cute one in her size, so off I went to the fabric store. I bought a pattern and some really cute cupcake fleece. Cocoa Puff was very excited. I cut out the pattern, cut out the fabric, sewed the front pieces and then I stopped for the day. I thought I would finish it up later that week....

Fast forward a year.

THE ROBE IS FINISHED!!!

Okay, rewind just a little.

I made a list of all my unfinished projects. The list is on the refridgerator.

It is a long list :-( But since most of the projects are at least started it shouldn't take me long too finish each one. My goal is to finish one project a week....totally do-able!

Okay, back to the robe - sort of. A little over a week ago, I took a sewing class at Joann's. It was very worth the time and money. Not only did I gain some basic skills, I gained confidence....much needed! I made this pillowcase in the class. I am trying to talk Cocoa Puff into letting me turn it into a dress...but she loves sleeping on it every night.



Back to the robe...I decided that it was the oldest unfinished project so it would be first to be finished. And it was a great choice!

Cocoa Puff couldn't be happier. It's been pretty chilly here the last couple of days. She has slept in the robe every night. I tried to tell her that people don't really sleep in their robes, but she didn't listen - she is 4 afterall :-)



A helper...he likes to attack the thread.

It's a good thing he's so cute or else...Oh, who am I kidding. I love this handsome kitty boy!

And my sweet, happy girl in her new robe.

Cheerio did not want to be left out of the photo taking!





3 comments:

  1. So, so cute! Way to go my friend! I wanna learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring, Jill. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute robe! Nice work! It was great to meet you at the park the other day. I realized this morning that the biz card I gave you had old info on it...sorry! Why I even carry those with me anymore is beyond me! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.